Great Cities to Visit in Eastern Canada:
- Montreal, Quebec
- Toronto, Ontario
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
- St. John, New Brunswick
5 Fun Things to Enjoy in Eastern Canada:
- Old Montréal: Travel to Paris without having to cross the Atlantic! Historic buildings dating back to the 1600s and 1700s line cobblestone streets, evoking an atmosphere of romance. Make sure to visit the stunningly beautiful Notre-Dame Basilica.
- Parliament Hill: Get a taste of Canada’s English heritage at Ottawa’s Parliament Hill, where the houses of Parliament convene in neo-Gothic style buildings. Visitors can watch the changing of the guard on days when weather permits.
- Prince Edward Island Coastline: Much of the coast is protected by Canada’s national park system, preserving family-friendly beaches, sand dunes, lighthouses, and the Green Gables House for Anne of Green Gables fans.
- GrosMorne: It’s remote, and it’s beautiful. Reminiscent of Norway’s mountainous fjords, Newfoundland’s GrosMorne National Park is the perfect destination for adventurous travelers seeking untouched natural landscapes away from the crowds.
- The CN Tower: Toronto’s iconic tower is the Western Hemisphere’s tallest freestanding structure. Visitors can sightsee over one thousand feet above the city, and thrill-seekers can tempt fate with a hands-free outdoor stroll on the EdgeWalk.
Major Convention Centers:
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre: With 600,000 square feet under its roof, this spacious facility can host a variety of large events, including G20 summits!
- Palais des congrès de Montréal: Situated in the heart of Montreal, this convention center offers 200,000 square feet of exhibition space and 65 meeting rooms. It’s also connected to 4,000 hotel rooms via enclosed walkways.
Nineteen national parks and 114 national historic sites.
- Thousand Islands: Ontario’s destination for boaters, kayakers, and canoeists, visitors can camp on 12 of the islands as well as rent rustic cabins at three locations.
- Fundy National Park: Designated one of the “Seven Wonders of North America,” the Bay of Fundy experiences the highest tides on earth and is a great place for whale-watching. Low tide exposes striking rock formations and dinosaur fossils.
NASCAR: Eastern Canada is home to the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park!
- This 2 1/2-mile track hosts the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, among many other exciting races throughout the season.